Since I started this weight loss journey I have had a lot of people ask me why I am doing this. I don't think I've blogged about this and I figured now is a good time because this is what is fueling my fire to the finish line.
Why am I doing a fundraiser during the worst time of my life?
- Robin and I have been very blessed to have a very strong support system. We have families, bosses, co-workers, and employers that really helped us during our darkest days. Most parents going through this aren't as blessed as we are and I want to make sure they get the help that they need.
- Parents that lose an infant due to SIDS, still born, miscarriage, or illness need support. A few days after we lost Brady Angel Eyes contacted us to let us know that they were there to help. This was a foggy time for me but I remember I received information before we buried Brady. They gave us information about the grieving process, their counseling services, as well as a monthly meeting led by a certified counselor where parents meet that are going through a similar journey. I can't stress how much it meant to me to know that we weren't alone. At the same time it makes me EXTREMELY mad to know that we aren't alone.
- Since losing Brady I've had at least 10 people reach out to me to let me know that they were directly or indirectly impacted by child loss or SIDS. I've also known of three other children lost to SIDS, or have been stillborn since Brady passed away. This is way too many babies lost and too many families grieving. The pain and loss that we feel each and every day needs to have something positive come out of it.
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment