Until you go through something tragic like losing a child you really don't know how many people truly love and care about you. Immediately after this happened we started receiving overwhelming support from our family, friends, co-workers, even strangers. The next day we were receiving truck loads of food from co-workers at the City of Louisville and DIRECTV, we started receiving checks and donations to help out financially, and family members were stepping up in ways that I didn't know was possible. I can't overstate how lucky and blessed we were and are to have such a strong support system.
I know how hard this loss has been for Robin and I but I can't imagine others going through this without a support system. When parents of infants or toddlers unexpectedly lose a child in Colorado Angel Eyes (angeleyes.org) sends them a packet of information on the grieving process and ways they can help them. Their help includes a monthly meeting for grieving parents and family members (Robin and I attend this), one on one counseling, and education on how parents can reduce their chances of SIDS. They really are a great support system for parents going through this
Because we have so blessed with a lot of support I decided that I am going to raise money for Angel Eyes. How am I going to do this? Starting April 16th I am going to start losing weight. I am receiving pledges for every pound I lose for the next 6 months (wrapping up October 16th). October is SIDS awareness month so the time of the donation will be good. I hope to lose a lot of weight in 6 months and raise a ton of money for Angel Eyes. So far I have $38.25 per lb in pledges and I'm hoping to hit $50.00 per lb by April 16th. Also I am very excited to announce that DIRECTV will be matching the donations so $50.00 per lb is really $100.00 per lb. If you are interested in pledging please let me know by posting on this blog or by emailing me at adambrookhart@gmail.com . Again this will go to a great charity.
This weight loss journey is going to be very public and I will be posting my progress on this blog regularly.
No comments:
Post a Comment